Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pen work sketch
































This is the first Batman that was straight from my imagination. Of course you have a template in your mind, but I think what holds an artist back from drawing to their potential is this idea that you have to meet certain ques to be considered legit. So what does the artist due? They fight against their natural instinct and try to draw what they think others will equate as good. In my break from drawing I have let a lot of my inhibitions go and have started to focus on what I want to draw and convey which is easier said then done. I think as you can see this is a lot more fluid and alive then others I have drawn. Which deep down is what I am looking for. I have had 4 rejections from Marvel which have shaken me. But during this time i have taken to regroup and pick up the pieces im clearing away a lot of the clutter that has built up and getting back to what I love about drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment